Having this in your kitchen will not literally change your life… but it will be quite close because you’ll want to add it to almost everything!
This is following a recipe from Honey & Co in the FT magazine.
It doesn’t matter if you don’t quite have the specified amounts in the recipe, as long as you abide by the idea: grab a bunch of seeds and nuts, roast them with oil and salt, then use it everywhere.
If you’re allergic to nuts, you can leave the almonds out (maybe add more of other ingredients!).
- 100g flaked almonds
- 100g sesame seeds
- 100g pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp flaky sea salt (or salt)
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp pink peppercorns
- 1 tsp smoked chilli flakes
- Oven to 180C (fan)
- Place almonds, sesame, pumpkin and sunflower seeds on a tray with olive oil and salt and mix it all well together.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Add coriander, fennel, cumin and caraway seeds, stir well.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Add the peppercorns and chilli and stir again.
- Let cool, then store.
In theory this can keep well for a few months, but it never lasts that long! 😋