My partner surprised me this morning with this breakfast experiment!
They were very tasty and now we want to experiment with other fillings: mushroom? cheese? spring onions? spinach? perhaps something sweet? We’ll see!
- Eggs (2 per person)
Takes about 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven on to about 180C
- Slice the bacon rashers in small pieces, and fry in a pan
- Beat the eggs with a dash of milk so it’s a bit more liquid than an omelette
- Add some pepper
- Mix in the fried bacon
- Mix everything thoroughly
- Place in the muffin cases – we used silicon cases but I reckon it should work with any other type of case!
- And place in the tray
- Put in the oven
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until you see they start to get colour
- Take them off the oven and the cases and serve.
We had them with a slice of toasted bread and a cup of STRONG breakfast tea ??
Also, even if they look very tall in the picture, they will deflate really quickly as they cool down. Just like other egg souffles…
Funny fact: I had been meaning to bake this type of muffins for a while, and I finally got round to buy these cases this week, but I hadn’t had time to even unpack them yet. And there goes my partner this morning searching for a suitable recipient for the experiment… and voilà! I produce these cases out of my bag, as if per ✨magic✨!