My partner surprised me this morning with this breakfast experiment!
They were very tasty and now we want to experiment with other fillings: mushroom? cheese? spring onions? spinach? perhaps something sweet? We’ll see!
- Eggs (2 per person)
Takes about 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven on to about 180C
- Slice the bacon rashers in small pieces, and fry in a pan
- Beat the eggs with a dash of milk so it’s a bit more liquid than an omelette
- Add some pepper
- Mix in the fried bacon
- Mix everything thoroughly
- Place in the muffin cases – we used silicon cases but I reckon it should work with any other type of case!
- And place in the tray
- Put in the oven
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until you see they start to get colour
- Take them off the oven and the cases and serve.
We had them with a slice of toasted bread and a cup of STRONG breakfast tea 💪🏼
Also, even if they look very tall in the picture, they will deflate really quickly as they cool down. Just like other egg souffles…
Funny fact: I had been meaning to bake this type of muffins for a while, and I finally got round to buy these cases this week, but I hadn’t had time to even unpack them yet. And there goes my partner this morning searching for a suitable recipient for the experiment… and voilà! I produce these cases out of my bag, as if per ✨magic✨!