Here’s a very easy recipe which looks a bit ugly but tastes great! And it also helps you use “old” ingredients. So all good stuff ??
- Peel the potatoes and the onions
- Wash the mushrooms to remove any soil on them
- Chop and slice everything into small pieces so they cook fast!
- Put the potatoes and onions first in a pot, cover with water and then add more water, until it’s about 1 cm above it
- Bring to a boil, then leave it to simmer for about 30 minutes
- Add the mushrooms and simmer for a further 30 minutes or until the potatoes start to dissolve
- This is more or less how it looks like (not pretty but you get the idea!)
- When things look cooked, turn the heat off.
- Add some butter, to taste (I recommend you use unsalted butter).
- Use a hand blender to make it into a liquid soup, not a soup with floating things ?
I suggest you taste the soup and correct for salt now. And maybe add some pepper!
You can also cut some bacon in strips, fry it and add it on top of the soup. Or you could serve with some toasted bread. I think it could also work nicely with roasted pine nuts.
This soup also works really well as a packed lunch.